Monday, May 14, 2012

The Death of Joshua Eddy

Hi, this is Hannah again. 12 days until Caleb comes home!! YEAH!!

A couple weeks ago, a young man who lived with his family in Oregon - but had been in Caleb's Basic Training Unit (of 51 guys) - went home to be with the Lord. He was taking pictures near a river and fell in, and they still have not located his body. Prayers would be appreciated for the family, and I would STRONGLY encourage everyone reading this to click on the links below. This young man really loved the Lord and his short life has been an inspiration to many!

http://www.wnd.com/2012/05/to-live-and-die-well/

Also, here are two links to some posts on his blog that he wrote before he died that really touched me. I hope they are a blessing to you as well!

TO DIE WELL

Joshua's Last Two Posts (scroll down to read the second-to-last post on surrender)

I know you're probably thinking, "I don't have time to read these . . ." but I really encourage you to. Life is short, and if Joshua's last words can inspire people to live fully for Christ then it's worth a few minutes of your time! "Only one life, twill soon be past, only what's done for Christ will last." (I think that was said by Jim Elliot?)

Prayers appreciated for Caleb as well as he finishes his last couple weeks at ERT! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment